24 July 2014

Row by Row Experience: Part Three!

Today's the last four stores that I shop hopped around on Monday. There was supposed to be two more, but sadly, they were closed on Monday. :(

The first of today's post is the astounding Little Quilts. I've heard so much about the amazing-ness of it, and even used to pass by it when Brian lived in the area. Never went in until yesterday. Holy crap. It's jam packed with the most amazing stuff. I should have taken a picture.

I got the Patriotic Little Quilts book; it was on sale! And it's full of great patterns. I got a little heart quilt kit, their adorable row, some "chicken wire" fabric, and a great small package of fat quarters. The picture doesn't do it justice, but they're gorgeous together. And they, too, were out of licence plates, so I was able to order theirs also. I could have bought more from this store, but I didn't. I also bought some number sign/pound sign/hashtag/# fabric, but for some reason, I didn't take a picture of it.

Then, I zipped over to Cottontail Quilts in Kennesaw, GA. Thankfully, it wasn't anywhere near Barrett Pkwy. I would have cried, if it was. This was an equally adorable store.

Got a cute Christmas Tree pillow kit. I figured I'd try my hand at it. Also picked up their row kit, along with two grey fat quarters, and two buttons. "My stash is bigger than yours" and "sew creative." Also ordered their license plate, too.

Realized I should have gone to Tiny Stitches in Marietta before going to Kennesaw, but it actually worked out better in the long run. When I pulled up into the parking lot NO ONE was around. Got nervous but saw the little quilted "open" sign, and walked on in. Dangerous store. DANGEROUS.


As you can see, I got in a wee bit of trouble. I saw the yellow fabric on a blog somewhere. It's directions on how to fold a paper hat, and omg, of course I needed that. The pink/purple is some Eric Carle fabric my mother was looking for, so that doesn't count. AND THEN SOME ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE FABRIC OH MY GAWD. That was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and I have never seen the fabric before, so I jumped all over it. Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but !!!!! Moving along, got some really cute rainbow striped fabric, and some rainbow "swiss dot" heart fabric. Got a lot of that. I'll share it with Mom. I know she wants some. And lastly, hedgehog fabric. Yeah. It was too adorable not to get. Got their pattern, they were out of their bug kit, too, but got a really great idea to do veggie fabrics! And ordered their license plate, too. They were out. All the "closer to Atlanta" stores were out!

And lastly, I went to Pickleweeds. The name alone was worth the trip.


Though, their row was one of my favorites, so I HAD to go. Do you see how cute it is? Also, they had MORE chicken wire fabric for 50% off, so I bought the rest of the bolt. The Christmas fabric was 20% off, so I figured, what the hell, and got some of the Chalkboard Christmas. I mean, it's red and black Christmas fabric. What's not to like? I also got some other fabric, but it's for a Christmas present, and I think she reads my blog, so you'll just have to wait until I'm finished with it. Had to order their plate too. BUT, because I live in Alabama, they have an Alabama discount of 20%, so I got 20% off on top of all of that!! How great is that? They know us sad folks in Bama don't really have any quilt stores, so they pity us, and help save a little bit.

So, looking back, hopping across eight "north" Georgia stores was fun. I amazingly only got stuck in traffic for 15 minutes. Seriously, that's a miracle. Sad I didn't get to go to two stores, but maybe, I can go back soon! Hitting all the GA stores would be amazing. Wonder if I can do it?


2 comments:

  1. LOVED living vicariously through you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Sounds wonderful!
    My MIL is working on a row by row

    ReplyDelete