22 July 2014

Row By Row Experience: Part One!

For those of you who don't know, the Row by Row Experience is happening right now! And if you don't know what that is, it's a US wide (and Ontario!) shop hop, where you go visit stores from 1 July to 1 September and pick up rows from each store (and a cute little license plate) and use at least eight of the rows you've picked up to create a quilt! The first one to a participating store with a finished quilt, wins 25 fat quarters! It's all very exciting, but I'm only in it for specific rows, and mostly the license plates. To read more, go here.

So far, I've been to eleven stores. Yes, eleven, just in Georgia. Could have been thirteen, but two were closed yesterday. :(

The first store I went to was Magical Stitches, in Macon, GA. It was a quick "on the way home" stop. I picked up their license plate and their pattern. I don't remember what I did from them, so here's the photos from the Georgia Row by Row Facebook page.






Cute, right? I didn't get their kit, because I was seriously in a hurry. I stopped there on the 3rd of July.

And right before I got home, I was able to make stop #2 at Sunday Best Quiltworks in Ellerslie, GA. It's a cute little store. I got their pattern, but they didn't have any license plates. The owner didn't realize they were fabric, and thought they were real licence plates! Oops. Though, I did pick up their acrylic templates for their Ceaser's Crown quilt. Lookit:


Yoinked off their website.
It's absolutely gorgeous in person, and I think it's going to be my first curved piece quilt. Go here to their website to check it out!



A little later on the 15th, I made my third stop at my local quilt store, Sew Much Fun in Columbus, GA. It's a great store, too! I went in because they had their Christmas fabrics out, and I needed their snowflake quilt.


From their Facebook page
I have a Christmas quilt in the works, but I don't have a winter one! I saw that, and knew it needed to be mine. I also picked up some Eric Carle Christmas fabric for Mom. She needed it. I also got their kit and their licence plate, too!


I mean, come on. PEACHES.

 How cute is that? I mean, as a native Georgian you HAVE to have something peach themed in your house. So, I picked up their kit.
And look at that tag. How can you not have one of those?

So far, this has been really fun. I mean, what's better than quilt store hopping?

Anyone else out there in blog land participating?

No comments:

Post a Comment