29 August 2014

Leftovers Bag.

A friend, we'll call her Alicia, contacted me on Saturday and asked if I had time and could whip her up a plain white purse for her before DragonCon for her costume. (Apparently, they're cosplaying people from the show Leftovers. I don't have HBO. I don't know what it is) Why, yes. I did have a little bit of time to squeeze her in! So, I ran down to Hancock Fabrics, picked up some white twill, a zipper and some bag parts and back home I flew.

Alicia sent me pictures of what she wanted, the shape, the size, specifications. I found a pattern, but I didn't like the way it was put together, so I just made something up as I went along.

And this is what happened.


 
EVERYTHING'S SO WHITE. Blindingly white.

Zipper teeth. nom nom nom. Check out dat pocket.

Annnnd hanging up for good measure. The strap all the way together makes a nice shoulder bag, while when it's loosened, makes for a great crossbody.


I'd never done a zipper like this before, so I just made it up as I went along. I think it turned out okay. One of the edges was bunched, and I couldn't fix it, so I just gave her a bit of a discount. But, overall, I've discovered I don't suck at pattern making, like I thought.

4 comments:

  1. Great bag! In my hands, that would stay white for two minutes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That was my worry! I washed my hands 834923842 different times while making it.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Leftovers, but it looks pretty sweet to me. Another awesome bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either, until she told me about it! And thank you! :)

      Delete