28 August 2014

Petite Street is neat!

A LONG, LONG TIME AGO, IN A MONTH THAT ISN'T NOW a friend asked me to make her a diaper bag! She found one she loved and asked if I could recreate it. Well, I'll try, was my reply!

I got close. Or at least I think so.

I found the Petite Street Nappy Bag from Susie D Designs on Etsy. I shared it with her, and she liked it! So, now for the fabric. The fabric seems to be the hardest part. I believe she went through three or four pattern changes until she found the perfect one. And then the perfect liner. And the perfect accent. And then I screwed up and didn't buy everything and time, so we found a NEW perfect accent fabric.
And then I started to put it together.





If you followed the directions, this is what it was supposed to look like before you started assembling it. My friend, we'll just call her Spam from now on, wanted a zippered pocket on the outside, too. So I happily obliged.


BAM. One zippered pocket for Spam!

And then I started putting it together. Got the outside done.


Wait. The strap thingies aren't straight.





Thaaaaat's better.

And before you know it, for a grand total of four days (forgot to count the hours) I was DONE.

Aww yiss, just look at it.
Ain't she a beaut?


Check out that interior.

Aww yiss.

And one more while it's hanging up.


I'm pleased with this bag. It'd actually make a great purse, too. It's very roomy and very sturdy. I'd add the extra outer zipper again, but, I wouldn't put the fleece on the pocket. It made it a little weird and puffy looking.

The pattern's well written, and instructions are clear! Though, when preparing to cut out fabric, (being that I used only three) was a little confusing on what to cut. Recommended!

6 comments:

  1. Nice work! Looks like a great diaper bag - cute, simple, and roomy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It'd make a great regular bag, too! I'm considering making one for myself! ;)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE my bag. and the fabric is even better in person and really, I don't think I would have ever found one in the store that I love as much as this bag. Thank you thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you love it! I still can't believe it took me that long, but it was great fun making it! <3

      Delete
  3. Could I love this bag any more?! So pretty! I feel like this would be in a store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, friend! That makes me feel special. ;)

      Delete