04 January 2015

2015 Goals and....not really resoultions.

I secretly like resolutions. I know I might not keep them (things change, shit happens), but I'm a thinker, and a dreamer, and I love sitting here thinking about things and ideas I have for my future.
Ideally, I'd like to review these every month, but I know that won't happen, because I forget.

But as of today, these are my goals and semi-resolutions.

1. Read 52 Books.
This will be my third year with this goal. I barely made it in 2013, succeed excellently in 2014, but what will 2015 hold?

2. Do well in school. 
Have I mentioned that I will be starting at K-State this semester? No? Well, I am! I'm finally excited to start back with school. About three years ago, I stopped going to college because I had enough. I was miserable, depressed, hated my major, hated my school, and felt like I was just wasting money. Awful. Terrible. Horrendus. But now that we're here (ironically 10 years after I was a freshman in college for my first degree) and I'm thrilled. Wish me luck!

3. Revamp Last Yesterday Designs
Like, really get it going. I'm working with some programs trying to figure out legal stuffs, and turn it into an LLC. I'd like to start with an Etsy shop, with aspirations of just having my own shop online. I tried Etsy last year, and it wasn't that bad. I just wasn't sure how to drum up business. So, hopefully, I'll learn that in school, too.


4. Stop buying stuff.
I have an excess of stuff, and I don't know where to put it. Mostly, because I love shopping. (Which is weird for being an INTP apparently) but mostly just for craft supplies and clothes. And some times other things.

5. Declutter and Sell, Sell, Sell!
This kind of goes hand in hand with #4. I don't have hordes of things (not a hoarder) but my "collection" of stuff is out of control. Do I really need 15 half empty bottles of lotion? No. What about all that fabric that I have no plans for? Make plans or sell. If I can't use it, can't wear it, don't need it or just have too much of it. It's gotta go. Whether selling on ebay, craigslist, local FB groups, Etsy, yard sale, or just donating it, the excess has to go.

6. Get Off Your Ass. 
I got lazy. Real lazy. I gained back all the flab and weight I did so well with in Alabama. So, now, it's game over, and I'm tired of this. I saw my thighs. I know I should love my body and I'm awesome the way I am and blah blah blah. But no. I do not feel awesome. I feel sluggish and tired and no energy. (I'm already hypothyroid and it's running as "normal" as possible) and I'm sick of it. So, I'm just going to get off my ass and just move. Walking, cleaning, standing, yoga, belly dancing, chasing the cats around. Whatever. I just need to get off my ass.


7. Eat better.
Every time we PCS our eating habits go to pot. (it's where I gained my weight back from) And it pisses me off. So, I'm cutting out the soy again (except for soy sauce), determined to eat more veggies, and eat less sweets. That last one will be the hardest. I <3 sugar. 

8. Finish things. 
I signed up for Sweetwater's Feed Company Block of the month, so that's my big project for the year. I'd like to also try for the Moda Building Blocks quilt. I really like it, and think it would be a fun way to "get rid of" fabric. 

9. Be happy. 
It's the little things in life, and if I can accomplish any of the above, I'll be super happy. But, even if I don't, I'll still be pleased with what I do accomplish with the year. Who knows what I actually can? I don't know my school schedule yet.

4 comments:

  1. I may or may not have swooned a little when you described yourself as a dreamer. I love it! So many people get really cynical about new years resolutions, but I think there's something beautiful about aiming for something, even if it's maybe not in the cards. Shoot for the moon and all that jazz. Good luck with all yours goals, especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little known fact about me. I love daydreaming. Getting lost in thought is so much fun.
      And thank you! I do my best, and even when I don't accomplish stuffs, I still get so much more done.

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome list. Now I feel like an even bigger slacker. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naaaah. I wouldn't say you're slacking. You have a wee one. You have an excuse until she starts going to school. ;)

      Delete