07 January 2015

Sewing Goals for 2015

If you look back on my 2015 Goals and psudo-resolutions post, you'll notice I didn't really elaborate on #8. It sits there, kind of unfinished. Like a passing thought, that died before it could reach the end.

I did that on purpose. I felt my sewing/crafty goals deserved a WHOLE post to themselves. Because they are never ending. Endless. ETERNAL.

I do not expect to accomplish this list. I have 98347298742 different ideas everyday, and maybe one or two a month actually are put into motion.

Maybe I should call this my "Sewing Dreams" list, instead of "Sewing Goals." Yeah. I like that better.

Thanks, internet.

 My 2015 Dreams are:

- Finish all of my kits. I think I have like 30? Ranging from Super Large Quilts to mini quilts. I have a whole container of them, just waiting to happen. FINISH THEM.

- Finally make my friends their 2013 Christmas presents. Every. Year. "I'm gonna make my friends awesome things!" Doesn't happen. But THIS YEAR, I know what I'm going to make them. I have the fabric, I have the pattern, and they're going to like it, damnit.

-Use my clothing patterns and actually my myself stuff, not wait until I'm skinny again. Things can be altered. And if I liked it, I have the pattern to *gasp* make it again!

- Actually complete the block of the month kits I've signed up for. I think I signed up for two. I know the Feed Sack embroidery block from Sweetwater (or whatever that new awesome line is called). I think I signed up for the Simple Whatnots II Club, but I actually have to go to the store to get it. It's been a bit too snowy and cold for me to drive faster than 45mph right now. (I wasn't raised with snow. I don't know what to do with it.)

- Finish all four of my seasonal cross stitch pieces from The Frosted Pumpkin. Go on. Laugh. I am.

- Use up HALF my fabric. Yes. Half. More would be better, but my dreams aren't that big.

And I think that's it. I don't know what 2015 will throw at me, but these are my DREAMS. Don't crush them, people.





8 comments:

  1. These sound like great goals, er-dreams. ;) I bet you can get most of these done.
    I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I get my butt off the couch, I could accomplish even more. ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm gonna creeper on you every month there isn't progress on a Pumpkin stitch. /staaaare.

    Go go dream power~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAI, SENPAI. I now feel you creepin' in my blueberry bushes. Stalking me. Plotting.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see what clothes you make yourself. Mostly because then I want you to make my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you were a comedian, because that's HILARIOUS.

      Delete
  4. Very inspiring list of dreams! When you figure out the secret to using half your stash, please, please, pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top share your secret! (I've been steadily sewing away and my stash is GROWING! Maybe it's all mating in those confining bins?!?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know when I can stop buying. That's my *real* problem. ;)

      Delete