21 February 2015

I got a KnitFix!

Back when we lived in El Paso, I used to get StitchFix boxes. Had six mystery clothing items in it, and I could pick and choose what I wanted to keep and send what I didn't want back. I liked it for a while, but then when they didn't take into account that I have a whole lotta boob, I decided to take a break from them for a bit.

Until I found KnitFix. KnitFix is waaaay different, but just as awesome. Straight from GirlCharlee.com, you get two yards [each] of six different KNIT FABRICS in all sorts of crazy patterns! Okay, not crazy, but pretty awesome. "On Trend" is the word. I like making my clothes better, than someone else guessing for me. Ch-ch-check it out!


Aw yiss, look at all that glorious fabric. They do a variety of fabrics, so not everyone gets the same fabrics. I won't lie. I started seeing cheetah print and a whole lot of floral, and I got nervous. Reeeal nervous. But then my bag came, and it was a great day.


I got this fix to help challenge myself. I've never sewn knits before, and I normally don't buy patterns, so I figured, unless they were totally horrid, I'd keep them and see what I could come up with. (There's a GirlCharlee KnitFix FB group that you can interact with members and trade fabric with)

So, I started one I liked the least. THE CHEVRON. I don't own anything with chevrons on it. I don't like them at all. But, this one, wasn't too terrible. It's a Ponte De Roma knit and it sews and feels like a dream. I will be buying more if it in the future.

And because it's not done (missing a serger part) you only get a sneak peek until I can get the serger up here to finish it.


This post was not sponsored. I just like showing off things.

4 comments:

  1. I'm always a sucker for paisley but my favorite out of that bunch is that bag! Paper or that nylony stuff? Couldn't tell from the picture. /old and blind

    I like florals... ; ^ ; Not cheetah though (or any animal skin really).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I totally thought that's how the dress is supposed to be. It's inside out right? /old and blind pt.2 -- the older and blinder

      Delete
    2. I like floral, I'm just REALLY picky about them. A lot of them remind me of 1990s couches.
      It's that weird nylony stuff. It'll be another useful tote.

      Nope! It's not inside out. It's correct. The sun is just shining through it, and it's giving it an optical illusion look.

      Delete
  2. Oh! THAT's what you did! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete