15 February 2015

Oh...um...hi February!

This is what school does to a person. Makes me even less social than I already am. Anywho, I'm still alive and kicking, actually enjoying school. One of my classes this semester is 2D design, and I'm learning how to mix colors and make color scales, and various other things. I have learned that painting is not my forte. I will stick to sewing.

This is one of my pieces I painted. I haven't had time to make a quilt, so I figured I'd paint one instead. I'm pretty pleased with it. It's based off a quilt pattern I found on Pinterest (this one) that I'm going to buy when my no-buy is up.

Crooked Flying Geese. Just like one of my real quilts!
It's also been WAY too cold in the basement to sew, so I've been working on cross-stitch instead.

Ideally, I'd like to have this one done before March (lol) so I'm trying to plunk away at it when I get a chance. There's quite a few things I want to go back and change, but I'll do it when I'm done to see how much thread I have left over.
Though, I have permission to move the sewing machine upstairs and a few select items, so I might start sewing again soon. Well, there is no might, I have to. I have to sew two garments for school. So, we'll see how that goes.

Also trying to squeeze a bit of reading in there. I have one book left in my original stack of four from January, so that finished by March would be good, too.

Hopefully, I'll post something else this month (finished cross-stitch? finished school projects?) Who knows.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute cross stitch project! Hopefully your basement will warm up soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolol cold basements FTW. I do my laundry down there and then run upstairs. We also have one of those Mr. Buddy heaters that would probably work but we keep it for no-power emergencies (bah). You're pretty close with the Pumpkin piece, go go goooo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the painting! That style is super cool and it's so simple and pretty. Frame that ish!

    ReplyDelete