31 March 2015

March Quilts

Is March over already? I've been so busy, I guess it blew right by me. (Get it? GET IT?!) But, I'm actually pleased that I was able to accomplish FOUR quilts this month. Mind you, they're small but still, FOUR QUILTS.

I bought this one as a quilt kit from a quilt store that was having a retirement sale, Christmas 2013. I may have bought two of them. I also may have given one to my mom. But in a different color scheme. Anywho, I finished one this month:

This one was tedious to make. If you look closely (please don't) you'll see I messed up in a few places. As much as I like how it turned out, I am not a fan of cutting, sewing and ironing all those little squares. But, I do love it, and pleased to have made it. (Finally)

My next one was on a whim. I think I found the pattern on pinterest, thought "Yeah! That's a great idea!" Then went through my fabric stash for fabric. I can't remember where I got the pattern from but I do know I bought the fabric from Little Quilts during last year's Row By Row Experiance. They're Kim Diehl's.


This one's about 12"x12" and very fun. I was thinking about hanging it at my desk at work, but I keep going back and forth between this and making something more library themed. Not like I can't hang this up until then, right? Anywho, this little bugger was fun to make. I really love the colors all blended together (yes, even the evil orange) and pretty pleased with it.

The next one was the Peter Halley replica quilt I posted about on Sunday. I'm still pleased as punch with it. 

The last one I made for a client, a baby blanket. I'm actually not going to post a picture of it, for the privacy of the parents. It has the baby's name on it. But, anywho, it's done. Those are done. We're all done. A pretty successful March, eh?

3 comments:

  1. 4 quilts in a month? PLUS school? I'm such a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeebus I'd have an army of potholders in that second design. That's freaking gorgeous. Love the fabrics in the first one though. Nice to have a stitchy quilt~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Nice work for the month of March! Did you really cut all the little squares for the first quilt? Wouldn't strip piecing have worked instead?

    ReplyDelete