05 January 2016

Happy 2016!

As I've mentioned before, I don't like resolutions. Do you know the definition of resolution?

res·o·lu·tionˌ rezəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/ noun
noun: resolution; plural noun: resolutions
                                            1.
a firm decision to do or not to do something.
"she kept her resolution not to see Anne any more"
(Thanks first definition that came up on Google)  

Yeah, I can't work in the way of firm. My year doesn't work like that. So I like to make goals, instead. 
 
goal, ɡōl/ noun 
noun: goal; plural noun: goals
2. the object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
"going to law school has become the most important goal in his life"
(Thanks again, Google.) 
 
Yeah, that's more accurate of what I'm doing. So, I present to you, an annual event, my GOALS for 2016.  *trumpet fan fare*


1.       Do good in school.
Coming up on my 4th semester here at K-State. 23 classes down, 20 required classes to go. (I might take another here or there, if the semesters allow.) So far, I’ve made only As and Bs, and that one stupid F in Macroeconomics. But, I’m retaking that this semester (*sigh*) so hopefully, I should do better. I hope to only make As and Bs this semester, but if I get a C in Macro, I would be thrilled. This is my third time in this class (I dropped this class at another college), so third time’s the charm, right?

2.       Keep going to the gym.
I hired a personal trainer in June, and the only thing I regret is how much I paid. I can do so much more now. I move better, I do have a little bit more energy, and I actually enjoy it. So, being that these first few weeks in January is my last few sessions with him, I’m going to need to motivate my ass to go to the gym.

3.       Read 52 books.
I’ve had this goal since 2011, when I realized in 2010, I read probably about five books. Very unlike me. I’ve made this goal every year, except for last year, but then again, I was taking six classes, working, going to the gym, and just staring at a computer screen. I will fix this.

4.       Internet Less.
I have a whole basement full of fun things to make. I don’t make anything because I’m mostly addicted to the internet. I don’t know *what* I’m addicted to on the internet, so once I figure that out, I can probably put the laptop away and do more things. This is going to be my hardest goal.

5.       Save more money.
I’ve been in charge of the finances since about 2012, when I realized that we had no real organization to them. Since I’ve taken charge, I’ve made a financial log, and kept track of our expenditures and it's really helped me to see where our money goes, and where we can "trim" the excess. (*points at self*)

6.       Craft More.
As mentioned in my “internet less” section, I have a basement full of fun things to make. And they’re just there…collecting dust. I will make stuff this year. I have to make at least two garments, so there’s that. I will finish my Frosted Pumpkin Summer Sampler. And I will cross stitch at least two more pieces. I said this last year, but this year, I mean it. I will make gifts for my friends. I WILL CRAFT THIS YEAR. I WILL DO IT. RAAAUUUGGHHH.

7.       Volunteer.
I never realized how important this is, until now. I’ve done it randomly throughout my life, church youth groups, over summers, random things in school, and random Army wife stuff, but now, it’s important for me to gain experience. So, I need to find things to volunteer for and gain experience. And you know, it’s good for me.

8.       Create Art.
I’m not talking stuff to sell, I need to work on my fashion drawing skills, and the only way to do that is practice, no matter how poorly it is.  I signed up for an art supply subscription called Art Snacks, and I love it. I’m using it to help me find tools I like to produce the art I want. For instance, I’ve discovered I love India Ink. It’s my only real subscription box I get now (I quit quite a few) and I think I might stick with it.  But, I need to learn how to draw better, and fast.

9.       Continue to reduce things in my house.
I did such a wonderful job last year that I hope to continue this year. There were a few sections I wasn’t able to fully tackle, due to time and well, not wanting to. I’m going to go back through everything again, but this time, I’m going to clean out and organize my craft room better than it is now (thanks to help from my friend, Courtney) and my holiday stuff. I don’t *really* decorate, mostly, because I’m lazy, but I need to collect it all and put it in proper containers. All things considered, I’m doing well in this category.

10.   Breathe.
A little cliché, but I need to learn how. School stresses me out, and I tend to randomly get angry at stupid things. So, I need to learn that I need to breathe and let the little things go. But, no, really. Less anger, more bad puns.

Here's to a healthy and happy 2016! Happy New Year to you and yours!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Internet less. That's also on my list (that isn't written down and doesn't exist and look how well I'm doing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking less interneting might make me less angry, too. WE CAN DO THIS.

      Delete