18 January 2016

It's Something...

My birthday was last week, so I allowed myself some minimal shopping. I behaved.

I went to possibly the best cross-stitch store in the world, Picture This Plus. They're so lovely. It's a tiny shop, located underneath a used bookstore, which is equally as lovely. I picked up my friend, Courtney, somethings she wanted, and a much belated Christmas present. I was going to buy myself just ONE piece of fabric, but I came across this pattern, from Lizzie Kate.


I chuckled. It reminded me of the silly cross-stitch sayings my mother and grandmothers use to have hanging around their houses, so I felt I needed one, too. This is on linen, and I've never used linen before, so I figured this would be a simple enough piece for me to try. I also splurged, because it was my birthday, and got the hand dyed floss, too.

My picked at nail polish matches the font. ;)

I started...three days ago? The flower and the H took me two hours, the first night, and then I did "ouse" the next day. Yesterday I rested, because tendinitis is a bitch, and I'm going to try to crank out at least two letters tonight. Linen isn't as terrible as I thought. I'd like to get "housework" and the flower done by next Monday, but school starts back on Wednesday, so...we'll see!

I also picked up a book from the bookstore, one I've been looking for for a while, The Penguin Book of Witches. I have a thing with witches, I don't know why. Always have. I just started it today. But, I've finished 7 books so far this month (one cookbook, and two craftbooks shhh don't judge) including an ARC from one of my favorite authors, Paula Brackston. (Thanks for the approval, NetGalley.)

Also, a confession. I don't feel like sewing. I go through phases like this, where I don't want to [insert hobby here] and sewing is my current "nope." I'm into reading, cross-stitching, and Neko Atsume-ing. I'm actually bored with the internet, so that's nice. Hopefully, my sewing want-to will come back soon, because I need to sew two excellent garments for the dang design application for school. Maybe when it warms back up. The Craft Dungeon is currently 56ºF. You can't make me go down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment